Benefits of exercise for the cancer survivor:
- Reduces the risk of lymphedema
- Improves range of motion
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- Increases strength and lean body mass
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis
- Improves self-image
- Reduces many of the side effects of hormone therapy and chemotherapy
Studies have shown that choosing a healthy lifestyle exceeds many conventional chemotherapy and hormonal therapy drugs, yet few patients know of the data or have the ability to make such lifestyle changes.
Our free Exercise programs are offered in five locations in San Antonio, each location offers a variety of classes.
Classes offered are:
- Tai Chi
- Belly Dancing
- Aqua Zumba
Refer to color for available classes at a specific location.
Our free Exercise programs are offered in various locations in San Antonio, each location offers a variety of classes.
DUDE is a program solely for cancer patients and survivors.